The Hydraulic Structures Group of the Water Research Institute is one of the leaders in the study of physical models in Iran, which has numerous experiences in cooperation with international hydraulic research institutes. This group, which is the pioneer technical group in the Hydraulic and Aquatic Environments Research Institute of the Water Research Institute of the Ministry of Energy, works for more than 50 years. Over 250 research and applied projects have been performed, each of which has played a significant role in the strategy of hydraulic science in the country.
- Two equipped hydraulic laboratory halls with dimensions of 90 x 25 meters and a water circulation volume of up to 2000 liters per second.
- Various laboratory flumes with distinct dimensions.
- Measuring equipment includes:
- Recording and measuring static and dynamic pressure fluctuations
- Flow measurement in open channels and pressurized tunnels (electromagnetic flow meters, triangular and rectangular weirs)
- Recording scour profile and water level fluctuations
- Measuring flow velocity in turbulent and Laminar conditions (3D accelerometer, Pitot tube, Molina, etc.)
- Workshops (Plexiglas and carpentry, blacksmithing, turning, facilities), to build the models.