Water and Sewerage Research Center started its activities in the beginning of 2008 with the aim of transforming the country’s water and sewage research system. The establishment of this center has been done with the aim of conducting research and applied research in the water and wastewater industry of the country, which is an effective and efficient measure to meet the research needs of the country in this field. Creating the necessary conditions for continuous communication with the country’s water and sewage engineering company in order to create the necessary basis for close and continuous cooperation with urban and rural water and sewage companies is one of the basic activities to which the Water and Sewerage Research Center has paid special attention. The staff of the Water and Wastewater Research Center is the director of the center and research experts, and the specialized groups approved by the center include water quality groups, treatment processes, facilities and specialized water and wastewater laboratories.
- Strengthening the position of research in the activities of the water and wastewater industry of the country.
- Improving the scientific capabilities and capabilities of water and wastewater industry specialists.
- Creating the necessary ground for the growth of managerial and engineering creativity in all areas of the water and wastewater industry of the country.
- Identify opportunities to expand.
- Development and self-sufficiency of the country’s water and sewage industry in the fields of design, implementation and operation.
- Achieving a worthy position of the country’s water and sewage industry at the national, regional and international levels.
- Establishment of scientific, laboratory, applied reference center in accordance with national and international standards.
- Evaluate research priorities related to the water and wastewater industry and develop related proposals.
- Conducting research and integrating the scope of activities of researchers in the water and wastewater industry.
- Cooperation with educational and industrial centers of the country in order to carry out research projects.
- Cooperation in developing the country’s research program and policies in the field of water and wastewater.
- Evaluation and judging of designs and inventions related to the water and wastewater industry.
- Creating facilities and research fields for trainees and researchers in order to implement master’s and doctoral dissertations.
- Strengthen joint scientific cooperation with universities and research centers related to the water and wastewater industry.
Abbas Akbarzadeh (Ph.D.)
Research area: Biological wastewater treatment, management of concentrate from desalination plants, desalination systems, water and wastewater treatment package, wastewater reuse
Alireza Valipour (Ph.D.)
Research area: Biological wastewater treatment processes, constructed wetlands, Microbial Fuel Cell, wastewater reuse, Polymeric Membrane Fabrication, novel nanomaterial s
Nazanin Hamanbard (MSc)
Research area: Water and wastewater chemistry, electrochemistry, photocatalyst, nanomaterial, new methods for water desalination
Farzad Hashemzadeh (Ph.D.)
Research area: Water and wastewater treatment processes, reuse of water and wastewater, Removal of emerging pollutants , adsorption, nanomaterial
Maryam Shojaeipour (Ph.D.)
Research area: Analysis of Water and Wastewater
Reza Dezhpasand ( M.Sc.
Research area: Quantitative and qualitative analysis of water and wastewater pollutants