River and Sea chair Group with about 30 years of experience in the field of river management studies, riverbed and boundaries, flood warning systems studies and dozens of basic and applied research projects, as well as design, construction and implementation of physical river models, has the following activities on its agenda, by improving the staff and faculty members capacity:
Main vision and mission:
- Providing new methods in the design and construction of river and coastal structures.
- Carrying out research projects on the design and construction of river and shore stabilization structures with utilizing the mathematical and physical models.
- Presenting research projects in the field of sedimentation pattern and descaling methods from reservoirs utilizing mathematical and physical models.
- Investigation and research in the field of environmental effects of river and coastal rehabilitation plans.
- Presenting research projects in the field of river pollution mitigation.
- River measurement and monitoring network plans.
- Preparation of instructions for operation and maintenance of structures constructed in rivers.
- Study and design of desalination units in order to extract sustainable water.
- Preparation of standards in the field of various river and sea activities.
- Support for postgraduate dissertations.
Holding specialized workshops in the field of water structures in order to increase the technical knowledge of specialists.
- Conducting applied, developmental and fundamental research in the field of designated activities.
- Providing scientific services in order to optimize regulation plans, store and control of water flow and organizing regulation plans, store and control of water flow and organizing large water plans in the field of activities with utilizing physical models.
- Carrying out chemical, biological, bacteriological tests of industrial waters and effluents to control the quality and determine the pollution in order to maintain and improve water quality and prevent damage caused by industrial, agricultural and urban wastewater entering water resources.
- Conducting field and laboratory experiments and providing the required scientific services in the field of application of isotopes and dyes in water resources studies.
- Development of mathematical models and hydraulic engineering software.
- Performing specific field studies and measurements.
- Conducting special studies and providing excellent specialized advice in the field of activity.
- Cooperation and establishment of scientific and technical relations with national and abroad educational and research centers in order to advance research goals and exchange information.
- Creating research facilities for researchers and research interns and implementing master’s and Ph.D. dissertations in relevant fields.
- Preparation of technical standard instructions for the types of studies required for water projects in the scope of designated activities.
- Holding scientific conferences and specialized courses in the fields required by the country’s water industry.
- Cooperation in creating a database and information of hydraulic research and aquatic environments of the country.
- Cooperation in developing the country’s research program and policies in relevant fields.
Equipment, facilities and laboratories
- A well-equipped hall of river engineering laboratory with dimensions of 100 x 40 meters and a volume of water circulation up to 2000 liters per second.
- Equipped hall of beach engineering laboratory with flume equipped with regular wave generator.